13 Year Old Suffering With Heart Arrhythmia

Bennett

So like to start I have heart arrhythmia so the electricity in my heart is just straight up on drugs, one of the valves in my heart is leaking, I have a murmur, uh I had open heart surgery when i was six months old (it was supposed to be earlier but there was a hurricane so it had to be delayed). I don’t exactly know what all the surgery was for but I do know I had to get a stent and the electricity flow in my heart is getting worse so I may have to get a surgery in the next couple of years to get a pacemaker. keep in mind I am 13. my 89 year old great grandma has a pacemaker. LOL. Jokes on you that was just my heart, now onto my lungs. So I have heterotaxy syndrome so it caused my lungs to be weird. So normal human lungs are sort of mirrored ok? Well not mine. I basically have two left lungs so they point in the same direction. I got lucky though because a lot of people with this syndrome have a severely deformed spleen or no spleen. I have a normal spleen. also usually people with so many things wrong with them like me are delayed as far as learning. I am pretty smart considering I skipped two grades ahead. OH also, i have asthma but I can’t use most inhalers because certain chemicals can be very risky for me to use because they may mess with my heart. and I still have to get tested for a bunch of other things that I might have. next year I will get a MRI to see what our plan is as far as surgery. so yes. also sorry if some of my terminology is wrong but to be fair I am only 13.

Bailey

So like to start I have heart arrhythmia so the electricity in my heart is just straight up on drugs, one of the valves in my heart is leaking, I have a murmur, uh I had open heart surgery when i was six months old (it was supposed to be earlier but there was a hurricane so it had to be delayed). I don’t exactly know what all the surgery was for but I do know I had to get a stent and the electricity flow in my heart is getting worse so I may have to get a surgery in the next couple of years to get a pacemaker. keep in mind I am 13. my 89 year old great grandma has a pacemaker. LOL. Jokes on you that was just my heart, now onto my lungs. So I have heterotaxy syndrome so it caused my lungs to be weird. So normal human lungs are sort of mirrored ok? Well not mine. I basically have two left lungs so they point in the same direction. I got lucky though because a lot of people with this syndrome have a severely deformed spleen or no spleen. I have a normal spleen. also usually people with so many things wrong with them like me are delayed as far as learning. I am pretty smart considering I skipped two grades ahead. OH also, i have asthma but I can’t use most inhalers because certain chemicals can be very risky for me to use because they may mess with my heart. and I still have to get tested for a bunch of other things that I might have. next year I will get a MRI to see what our plan is as far as surgery. so yes. also sorry if some of my terminology is wrong but to be fair I am only 13.
Wow! That goes very deep. I am really sorry to hear that.